NOTE: The following information only applies to vehicles sold in the U.S.A at the time of publishing.
All information sourced from the following site.
Fiat Chrysler has reached settlements with consumers and federal and state regulators involving the following Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles equipped with the 3.0L EcoDiesel engine (the “Subject Vehicles”).
|Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
|2014 – 2016
|Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel
|2014 – 2016
The settlements consist of:
- A Class Action Settlement Agreement between Fiat Chrysler, Bosch (Robert Bosch GmbH and Robert Bosch LLC), and certain current owners/lessees and former owners/lessees of the Subject Vehicles; and
- A Consent Decree between Fiat Chrysler and the United States Department of Justice on behalf of the Environmental Protection Agency and the State of California by and through the California Attorney General and the California Air Resources Board.
These settlements resolve legal claims asserting that the vehicles do not comply with federal and state emissions regulations and that Fiat Chrysler made misrepresentations to consumers regarding the vehicles.
Under the terms of the settlements, Fiat Chrysler will:
- Update the emissions control software (the “Approved Emissions Modification” or “AEM”) for the Subject Vehicles free of charge;
- Provide an extended warranty for updated vehicles; and
- Provide cash compensation to Class Members who submit a timely and valid claim (see below for additional information and requirements).
Current owners and lessees of Subject Vehicles can schedule appointments to receive the Approved Emissions Modification, and eligible current and former owners and lessees can submit claims for compensation.
The Approved Emissions Modification (“AEM”) is a software update that is intended to ensure that the Subject Vehicles’ emissions comply with the emissions standards to which they were originally certified. There will be no hardware changes to your vehicle associated with the AEM. Through the settlements, Fiat Chrysler will offer the AEM free of charge for all model year 2014 to 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Vehicles.